It was a short list titled "Twenty Rules for Marriage and Life". As I read it, I thought that I'd seen it before, but also realized the value of imparted wisdom from those with so much more experience than I. So, I would like to share with you this wonderful list!
1) Smile when picking up the phone...the caller will hear it in your voice.
2) Believe in love at first sight
3) Don't judge people by their relatives
4) Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
5) talk slowly, think quickly
6) Never laugh at anyones dreams. People who don't have dreams don't have much.
7)When you say 'I'm sorry', look the person in the eye.
8) Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
9) When you say 'I love you,' mean it.
10) Marry a man/woman you love to talk to.
11) Be engaged at least 6 months before you get married.
12) Love deeply and passionately, its the only way to live life completely.
13) Give your spouse more than they expect from you, and do it cheerfully.
14) Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
15) In disagreements, fight fairly.
16) When you realize you've make a mistake, take immediate action to correct it.
17) When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
18) Take time to show love to your spouse...and others.
19) Spend time alone with your spouse to rekindle your love.
20) Remember the three "r's": Respect for self, respect for others, and responsibility for all your actions.
Words to live by!