I've encountered a lot of people over the years who struggle with the concept of faith.
"I just don't have faith," they say. Or, "I'm not sure my faith is working."
It is such a struggle in our minds sometimes because we think in terms of logic when it comes to our faith. But much to do with faith defies logic. Consider most of the examples in the Bible and you see that logic doesn't really play into it at all:
- Moses reaching out his hand over the water and parting the Red Sea
- Joshua commanding the Army of Israel to shout at the walls of Jerhico
- David taking a slingshot and some rocks to fight a battle-hardened giant warrior
- Jesus commanding a who was dead and buried for 4 days to come out of the grave
- Jesus put mud on a blind man and telling him to go wash so he could see
- Paul and Silas praised God while chained in prison and the doors swinging open...
- Moses REACHED OUT HIS HAND over the waters. God did the miracle. But not until Moses took action.
- Josuha and the Army SHOUTED at the Walls. God made them fall, but not until they took action.
- God spared David and caused him to defeat Goliath. But David still took action and THREW the stone.
- Jesus CALLED Lazarus out of the grave. And even before that, He ordered them to OPEN the grave. Then, even after calling, Lazarus still had to WALK out!
- The blind man had to GO WASH in order for his sight to be restored, otherwise, he would have just had mud-crusted eyes. Sight came back when he took action!
- The prison wasn't shaking, the chains were not falling, and the doors didn't swing open on their own until Paul and Silas took action despite their circumstances and PRAISED GOD.